Arg of Karim Khan
By Mr.Ashayeri (JSI2403)
Karim Khan Citadel is located in the center of Shiraz. This citadel was built during the reign of Zandiyeh dynasty and after Karimkhan Zand chose Shiraz as his capital and this place as his place of life, it became known as Karimkhani Citadel. During the reign of the Pahlavi dynasty, the citadel was used as a prison, which has been damaged. In 1350, this citadel was handed over to the Department of Culture and Art. This citadel is managed under the supervision of the Ministry of Cultural Heritage of the Islamic Republic of Iran and has been restored. This citadel is also used as a museum. This work was registered as one of Iran’s national works on 14 June 1351 with registration number 918.